8.01.2010

Impromptu Dinner at Home

Ahh the marks of a well used grill pan.
I love my kitchen. 
And have I told you I love to cook?
In full force, it's a mean space-y cooking machine. Which makes me more motivated to take helm and make homemade meals every chance I get.
So when my mom all of a sudden had friends over for dinner, I took the chance to play chef and get the kitchen all dirty and useful. That's when I'm not too lazy to move and just order in.
 First, a short trip down the pantry for some accessories. 
 Then, I prepared my salad for the crab cakes. I make a great honey-balsamic vinaigrette which is super easy to do and can be stored for future use. Just mix some Honey, Mustard, Garlic (about 1-2 cloves), Lemon Juice, Balsamic Cream or Vinegar together til it incorporates well, then slowly drizzle it with some olive oil til it becomes thick while whisking. Season it with sale & pepper and it works great with baby romaine lettuce!
Laying the crabcakes to fry
Nice and browned on each side.
Making Parmesan Garlic & Rosemary Roasted Baby Potatoes
I just sliced the baby potatoes in half, mixed in garlic, fresh rosemary, and olive oil, then set it in a pan to roast for 350 degrees with a little bit of water to steam cook the potatoes first. When the water evaporates the potatoes will start absorbing the flavors. Once it browns, I mix the Parmesan cheese and it will just smell fantastic. Don't forget the pepper!
The finished product. YUM!
Then I marinated the Greek Yogurt Chicken and sprinkled it with some Himalayan Pink Salt which I got from the Whitespace Sunday Market.
Cooked the chicken breasts in olive oil.
It smelled so herby and looked great when I turned the breasts around to brown the other side.
The finished product! I didn't cook a lot because... this wasn't really the main dish
Which would be marinated rib-eye steak
I used fresh rosemary, garlic, olive oil and a lot of pepper and let the meat marinate for a bit.
I like steak medium rare, so I only seared on both sides for about 2-3 minutes each.
The genuine look of fear when the steaks started flaming up as I flipped them around.
But it smells SOOOOOOO yummy right after.
Oh, and we were lucky that an aunt gave us a box of Alaskan King Crab Legs. they were MASSIVE! and tasted great with Butter-lemon-Patis mix.
The Dinner Table looked fantastic after. But I couldn't eat a lot since I get sick of the smell after being around it from Prep to Plate.
I ended up munching on the potatoes instead. delicious.

More cooking and recipes coming up soon! Let me know if you want recipes on the other dishes here!

6 comments:

  1. Yummy! Wish I were there! Love your kitchen, can't wait to see you make more meals. I'll just have to enjoy through ToT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really admire your cooking skills! :) I'm going to try making your dressing! Still dream about the salad you made during our cookfest! yummm! nicola

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks totally delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! I'm getting chunky from all the food I've been cooking & eating :(

    I need guinea pigs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! you never cease to amaze Jean! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...